CHRIS HEMSWORTH’S BLACKHAT DID NOT WIN THE BOX OFFICE THIS WEEKEND.
Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the holiday weekend.
• Tiger Woods lost one of his front teeth. No golf clubs were involved. [ESPN]
• Miss Lebanon would like you to know that she is not friends with “Miss isreal;” she was just trying to take a nice photo with Miss Japan and Miss Slovenia when Miss Israel leapt in uninvited. [NYMag]
• Amazon will start producing movies. [Variety]
• American Sniper won the box office with by about $69 million. [BOM]
• A$AP Yams, one of the founders of A$AP Mob, passed away at the age of 26. [Complex]
• Sia performed on SNL. It was pretty good. [YouTube]
• TLC have launched a kickstarter to fund their fifth and final album. Among the rewards is a slumber party with Chilli. [Kickstarter]
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again