Weekend News Roundup! Do You Even Know Who I Am?
WHAT’S THAT IN YOUR HAND, 2 CHAINZ?
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may havemissed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• This week in DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO I AM: Reese Witherspoon was arrested in Georgia for interfering during her husband’s DUI arrest. Presumably, he wasn’t actually her husband but rather an old flame she was revisiting in his small southern town before her impending big-city wedding—oh, wait. [Variety]
• 1998, rejoice! The Backstreet Boys are being awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today. [Variety]
• 2 Chainz celebrated 4/20 exactly how everyone thought 2 Chainz would celebrate 4/20! Afterward, we assume he went to a Carl’s Jr. [TMZ]
• Oblivion Cruise-d straight to the top at the box office this week, making a hefty $38,152,000. [BOM]
• What do Rupert Murdoch and David Lynch have in common? Apparently, transcendental meditation. Namaste! [Huffington Post]
• Activities you can enjoy with your mom this summer: Bob Dylan, Wilco, and My Morning Jacket announced their tour plans today. Whoever plays last should be prepared for the majority of the crowd to leave early in a misguided effort to “beat the traffic.” [Vulture]
• Bradley Cooper’s new hairstyle looks awfully familiar… [E!]