Weekend News Roundup! Quentin Tarantino Saw The Lone Ranger
THIS PHOTO IS FROM THE ’90S (SEE: WINONA FOREVER), BUT WE IMAGINE DEPP HAD A SIMILAR REACTION TO TARANTINO’S OPINION OF THE LONE RANGER.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Chris Brown revealed some charming and lovable factoids about himself, including that the lost his virginity at eight years old. It is never too late to seek help, Chris. [E!]
• Guillermo del Toro made the couch gag for last night’s Treehouse of Horror episode of The Simpsons. [USA Today]
• Quentin Tarantino’s top 10 films of the year includes The Lone Ranger… We’re all entitled to an opinion. [Deadline]
• Gravity won the weekend box office with $55.5 million, followed by Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 with $21.5. JT was probably crying a river when he discovered Runner Runner took in only $7.6 million opening weekend. [BOM]
• Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas are said to be getting hitched next year, which would significantly diminish our chances of becoming a British royal. [Telegraph]
• Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston ate some Belgian waffles. Hey Internet, we mentioned Breaking Bad. Can we have a billion page views, please? [People]
• Simon Cowell bought two adorable puppies! Apologies, it wasn’t a particularly exciting weekend. [People]