BIEBER IN SIMPLER TIMES.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Forget everything you think you know about Justin Bieber. He smoked pot, you guys, and TMZ got photos of it. Weed! Mary Jane! It’s like, will he ever be America’s heartthrob again? Probably. He already kinda-apologized on Twitter. [Us]
• Rick Ross will appear on the second season of Starz’s Magic City, that show about Miami you’ve been meaning to watch (and should!). As Vulture points out, this means Ross is eligible for an Emmy, Grammy, and Oscar this year; we think we smell a limited-engagement one-man show in his future to round out the EGOT. [Vulture/NYM]
• A private plane that carried Vittorio Missoni, head of the fashion house, and his wife Maurizia Castiglioni disappeared en route to Caracas on Friday. The plane hasn’t been found, but the Missoni family is holding out hope that Vittorio is alive. [Racked]
• Texas Chainsaw 3D won the weekend box office, making $23M. Congratulations, you monsters. Next up was Django Unchained with $20.1M, followed by The Hobbit with $17.5M, Les Misérables with $16.1M, and Parental Guidance with $10.1M. [BOM]
• The Feud that Wouldn’t Die, between Azealia Banks and Angel Haze, picked up more steam over the weekend. They both released new diss tracks, which you can listen to if you are more patient than we are. [Pitchfork]
• Barneys Co-Op in Chelsea may be closing, though its PR department has denied the rumor. Gather your denims while ye may! [NYP]