Weekend News Roundup! Aggy Gets Hitched; W.i.P. May Be Shut Down
WE’D LIKE TO PROPOSE A TOAST TO THE NEW MRS. RIBISI.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Giovanni Ribisi and Agyness Deyn secretly got married after secretly dating. Aggy wore a plain striped T-shirt. Whaaat? [Celebuzz]
• Jeopardy host Alex Trebek had a mild heart attack on Saturday, but is expected to make a full recovery in time to begin taping the show’s 29th season in July. [THR]
• W.i.P., the club where the now-infamous Chris Brown/Drake entourage battle went down, received 14 violations from the State Liquor Authority on Friday, which very well may be enough to shut the club down. [Gothamist]
• Brave won the weekend box office with $66.7M, followed by Madagascar 3 with $20.2M. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter opened in third with $16.5M, and Prometheus and Rock of Ages closed out the top five with $10M and $8M, respectively. [BOM]
• Pete Hayes, 25-year-old drummer for the South London band Echo Lake, has died at 25. [Pitchfork]
• Prince William, Kate Middleton and some pals celebrated William’s 30th birthday in Wales over the weekend. [People]