Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on Friday night. He was 74. [NYT]
• Multiple musicians had their Twitter accounts hacked over the weekend. Hackers used Tame Impala’s account to issue bomb threats, Bon Iver’s to spew racial slurs, and Tenacious D’s account to (falsely) announce Jack Black’s death. [Pitchfork, The Telegraph]
• NPR photojournalist David Gilkey and his translator Zabihullah Tamara were killed by the Taliban while working on an assignment in Afghanistan. [The Wrap]
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows won the box office. [BOM]
• The creepy girl from The Ring played a baseball game against the scary dead girl from The Grudge in Japan. [SB Nation]
• ABBA sang “Me & I” together in Stockholm yesterday. It was the group’s first performance in 30 years. [Consequence of Sound]
• Kanye fans caused pandemonium in New York’s East Village. [Gothamist]