LINDSAY CAN OPEN HER MOUTH AGAIN.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
After some nasty pictures emerged of a yellow-toothed Lindsay Lohan, she went to cosmetic dentist Dr. Bill Dorfman to have them fixed. Lohan tweeted her thanks to Dorfman “for the zoom,” but we think there’s more than whitening going on here—her teeth look straighter and bigger. We smell veneers! [People]
• Heidi Klum kept up her long streak of awesome Halloween costumes this year, with a hand-painted bodysuit designed to resemble the skinless dead people in the “Bodies” exhibition. [E!]
• The weekend box office was pretty unimpressive, probably due to the Northeast snowstorm: Puss in Boots led it with $33M, and Paranormal Activity 3 dropped to second with $19M. In Time made $12M, Footloose pulled in $5.5M, while The Rum Diary finished out the top five with a less-than-spectacular $5M. [Deadline]
• Daphne Guinness gives a hilarious reason for not wearing a Halloween costume this year: “I’m not very good at getting dressed up.” We suppose we ought to be grateful that she’s provided fodder for so many other people’s Halloween costumes. [P6]
• A posthumous Amy Winehouse album, titled Lioness: Hidden Treasures, will be released December 5. [ArtsBeat/NYT]
• Marc Jacobs was cast in a movie! It’s filming next week, and he’ll play, he says, “a character that’s not myself at all.” But we don’t know anything more. [Style.com]