Weekend News Roundup! Babies for Damon and Dion; Katy Perry is Married
Published October 25, 2010
HERE’S HOPING THIS LOOK MAKES A REAPPEARANCE DURING KATY PERRY’S HONEYMOON. PHOTO BY ROB KIM.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Celine Dion gave birth to twin boys on Saturday, while Matt Damon announced over the weekend that his wife, Luciana, had a daughter named Stella on Wednesday. The babies and their mothers are all healthy. [Reuters]
• Paranormal Activity 2 was this weekend’s top-grossing film, pulling in $41.5 million. It’s the highest-grossing opening weekend ever for a supernatural horror movie. Jackass 3-D, Red, Hereafter, and The Social Network rounded out the top 5. [Box Office Mojo]
• Kanye West made a surprise appearance at Pitchfork’s #Offline NYC show at Brooklyn Bowl on Saturday. [Pitchfork]
• Olivier Theyskens will take over as artistic director at Theory beginning next fall. [The Cut]
• Katy Perry and Russell Brand got married in India on Saturday. Elephants were involved in the ceremony; no word on whether Perry’s cat, Kitty Purry, got in on the action as well. [People]
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward