Casting Call: The Corrections
Published September 9, 2011
In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Good news, Franzen-philes: after being stuck in development hell for 10 years, an adaptation of The Corrections may soon become a reality. Though executive producer Scott Rudin originally intended to transform Jonathan Franzen’s 2001 novel into a feature film, the project has now been reimagined as an HBO series. The adaptation will also be executive produced by Franzen himself and The Squid and the Whale‘s Noah Baumbach, who co-wrote the script as well; Baumbach’s also attached to direct the first episode.
It isn’t clear yet whether HBO intends its Corrections as a straightforward dramatic series or a miniseries, à la Todd Haynes’s Mildred Pierce. Either way, the collected clout of this network, Rudin, Franzen, and Baumbach should mean that the project will attract some major star power. But which Hollywood powerhouses should be drafted to play members of the dysfunctional Lambert family? We’ve got a few ideas.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy