In our Friday feature, Lipps Service, One Model Management owner Scott Lipps shares photos from his fabulous life with us once a week, right here. This week, it was the Hamptons and back again. Scott rushed back from 20 hours (of course!) in the Hamptons to catch the party for “DREAM & DRIVE” at Milk Studios—a photo show by Kenneth Cappello documenting Scott’s longtime friends The Kills and their 10 years in music. Guests included Adrian Grenier, A$AP Rocky, The Kills’ own Jamie Hince and Alison Mosshart, and tons of others—and afterward, the music was nonstop for three days. The next day, Scott headed out to Brooklyn with bandmate Courtney Love to see more old friends, Jane’s Addiction, tear up the Brooklyn waterfront; he snapped some great pics of Perry Farrell, Interview pal Dave Navarro, and, oddly enough, the NYPD (at their request!). Then it was back on the Jitney for Scott—so glamorous—and on his way to host a dinner party with Nur Khan for The Kills at Surf Lodge in Montauk before their show there. Everyone from Mark Ronson to Fabien Baron, Craig McDean, and Nate Lowman headed out: a bit of the city and some more rock-‘n’-roll, delivered straight to the streets of Montauk. Hamptons, beware!
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat