Holiday Weekend News Roundup! Dangerous Drunk Puppy Shopping; Bieber Sinks VF; The Situation is 30
Published July 5, 2011
THIS MAN IS 30. THAT’S ALL. JUST… THIS MAN IS 30.
Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the long weekend.
• West Village pet-store owners are cracking down on post-brunch drunk puppy shopping, since sometimes the purchasers aren’t ready to have a dog and the pups end up in danger. Some stores are even refusing to allow anyone who appears drunk to hold the puppies. [Racked]
• Vanity Fair‘s February issue, which featured Justin Bieber on the cover, may be the worst-selling issue of the magazine in 12 years. [WWD]
• Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino turned 30 yesterday and went to the Laundromat. Dude is 30! Just think about that for a minute! [Radar]
• Transformers 3 easily won the long weekend box office with $116.4M. Cars 2 came in second place with a not-even-close $32M; Bad Teacher, Larry Crowne, and Super 8 finished out the top five with $17.6M, $15.7M, and $9.5M. Popcorn! Summertime! [BOM]
• Aspiring actress Kathleen “Kick” Kennedy, daughter of Bobby Kennedy, Jr., will costar in Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama More as the Story Develops. [Observer]
• Bridesmaids passed Knocked Up on Thursday as Judd Apatow’s highest-grossing comedy, not adjusted for inflation; Apatow wrote Nikki Finke a kind of awesome jerky email about it. This is fully worth reading. [Deadline]
• Daphne Guinness posed as a corpse to promote her collaboration with British jeweler Shaun Leane. At Jay Jopling’s London townhouse Thursday night, she dressed in an Alexander McQueen bodysuit with a shroud covering her body and one arm, wearing a gold and diamond glove, exposed. [WWD]
• Pippa Middleton is on the cover of Tatler‘s August issue, surrounded by a wreath of colorful flowers. It is, to be frank, a very weird cover. [People]