SORKIN (LEFT) WITH DAVID FINCHER IN MORE TRIUMPHANT, NASALLY INTACT DAYS.
PHOTO COURTESY OF MERRICK MORTON/COLUMBIA TRISTAR
Murmurs went through the Emmys crowd on Sunday when nose-swollen Academy Award-winning writer Aaron Sorkin arrived on the red carpet. Was he in a bar fight? Did Mark Zuckerberg finally have enough and send out a hit on Sorkin?
No. Sorkin, known for his walk-and-talk tracking shots first established on Sports Night and The West Wing, walked and talked himself right into a mirror. He was in the process of working through a piece of dialogue for his new HBO show when said dialogue apparently inspired so much emotion in him he accidentally butted heads with the mirror.
Sorkin’s new show follows a cable news staff and anchor as “they set out on a patriotic and quixotic mission to do news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements.” So it’s The West Wing for the social media generation. At least we know there’s going to be walking and talking and possible broken noses.
But really, we can only applaud someone who risks bodily injury for his craft: feel better, Aaron!
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Brandon Thomas and Dylan Jagger Lee Talk Sex, Drugs, and Julian Assange
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old