21; Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn; originally from Harrisville, RI. Photographer, model, and half of the artist duo Mike and Claire with Claire Christerson.
Do you identify yourself with a generation or subculture?
I love being queer—it’s my favorite thing about myself.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I only want to be an artist. I grew up never knowing the faces of any artists I loved—their pictures I loved. What’s important to me right now is equality and preserving queer art history.
For more from The Downtowners, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Miles Aldridge Shares the Memories Behind Some of His Iconic Photos