Tomorrow, the Seattle Art Fair opens its doors for the third time. Although the fair is young, it’s already a beloved destination for experiencing and collecting art in the Pacific Northwest. The 2017 edition features 99 galleries representing 30 cities globally, with 58 from the Pacific Rim alone, in addition to lectures and specially commissioned installations.
Click through the above slideshow to see some of our favorite works on display, including a collage by Kurt Cobain, Gisela Colon’s sci-fi-esque sculpture, and Lee Wan’s installation of 668 ticking clocks.
THE SEATTLE ART FAIR IS ON VIEW AT CENTURYLINK FIELD EVENT CENTER IN SEATTLE BEGINNING TOMORROW, AUGUST 3, THROUGH SUNDAY, AUGUST 6, 2017.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn