CMJ Through the Lens, Day Five: Baths, PS I Love You, Dominant Legs
Published October 27, 2010
We wrapped up CMJ at Glasslands, and the Saturday show can only be described as Revenge of the Nerds—in a good way. Dominant Legs look and sound a little like what might happen if you crossed an Ariel Pink type (lead singer and guitarist Ryan William Lynch, who also plays in the band Girls) with a Marcia Brady type (keyboardist/singer Hannah Hunt). The nerd factor really came into focus with Teen Daze, Baths, and Anamanaguchi (the moniker is a portmanteau of their three favorite fashion houses: Armani, Prada, and Gucci), who made everyone in the audience break a sweat.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward