The trailer for Deadpool 2 is finally here, and early reviews have already placed it ahead of the original. When the sequel was screened for test audiences, director David Leitch (John Wick) did two weeks of reshoots in Vancouver to give audiences more of what they wanted. That probably means more crude jokes and action-packed punch-outs.
The “Merc with a mouth,” played by Ryan Reynolds, this time has to get in between Cable (Josh Brolin) and a preteen child that Cable is set on killing. He enlists the help of a “super duper fucking group” of gifted youngsters, whom he dubs the “X-Force.”
“Isn’t that a bit derivative?” asks Domino (Zazie Beetz) as Deadpool spins around in Professor X’s wheelchair. His crew also includes original Deadpool returnees Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand) and Stefan Kapicic as Colossus.
Even if the trailer somehow includes all the best parts of this superhero sequel—which they are wont to do—it looks intensely promising. See for yourself below.
DEADPOOL 2 IS RELEASED IN THEATERS ON MAY 18, 2018.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories