In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
The world has been threatening to make a Whitney Houston biopic since the singer’s premature death in 2012. Last week, an official announcement was made: Angela Bassett will direct a film focusing on Houston’s rocky relationship with her husband Bobby Brown to air on Lifetime. While Bassett starred in a Lifetime film just last year, this will be her first time collaborating with the cable channel as a director. Click through the slideshow above to see our casting suggestions for Whitney, Bobby, and their famous friends.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”