In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
The only boxer to ever be undefeated and untied during the span of his professional career, Rocky Marciano was the ultimate World Heavyweight Champion in the 20th century. Born Rocco Francis Marchegiano in 1923, “Rocky” was characterized by his quick, fatal fighting style and gentlemanly demeanor outside of the boxing ring. And, needless to say, he also served as the iconographic inspiration in Sylvester Stallone’s classic Rocky film series. He retired at the ripe age of 32, after 49 efficacious fights.
Dustin Marcellino is set to direct the first major film about Marciano’s life (aside from the aforementioned Stallone cheesefest, which took some liberties…), tentatively titled 49-0/The Brockton Blockbuster, and he has the backing of Marciano’s brother Peter and his son Rocky Marciano Jr. The film plans to chronicle Marciano’s modest early years in Brockton, Massachusetts all the way to his untimely death by plane crash in 1969. No official casting decisions have been announced, so we thought we’d lend our expertise. Cue the motivational music!
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris