In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Dreamworks is remaking Rebecca. A rather audacious move, considering the ongoing popularity of Daphne du Maurier’s book and the fact that the original 1940 Rebecca film was directed by Alfred Hitchcock, starred Sir Laurence Olivier, and was nominated for 11 Oscars. Still, as superfluous remakes are sort of the bread and butter of Casting Call, it’s probably best not to complain. According to Variety, Steven Knight, who wrote Dirty Pretty Things and apparently created Who Wants to be a Millionaire, has been hired to adapt the script. We had a bit of a tough time picking our imaginary cast for this one, as the majority of our first choice actors (Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender) had already played the equivalent parts in 2011’s Jane Eyre. Thanks a lot, Cary Fukunaga.
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse