In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Guillermo del Toro is remaking Pinocchio, the Italian children’s book (and 1940 Disney film) that has been scaring little children since 1883. Unsurprisingly, the Hellboy director plans to make a dark version of Pinocchio; what worries us a little is that del Toro wants to make it “darker.” The Land of Toys (aka Pleasure Island), children turning into donkeys, prison, giant dogfish; isn’t that enough twisted terror for an animated film? As del Torro told Indiewire, “[Pinocchio’s] one of the great characters, whose purity and innocence allows him to survive in this bleak landscape of robbers and thugs, emerging from the darkness with his soul intact.” Nick Cave is purpotedly involved in the project (we assume composing the musical score, though with del Toro you never know). Click through our slideshow to see which actors we’d like to participate in del Toro’s interpretation.
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock