In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Paramount and FOX are remaking the cult ’80s psychological thriller Fatal Attraction. The second highest grossing movie of 1987 (behind Three Men and a Baby), the original film starred Michael Douglas as Dan Gallagher, a wealthy, married New York lawyer, and Glenn Close as Alex Forrest, a successful publishing executive. After Gallagher and Forrest engage in a weekend fling, things turn sour, and Forrest begins threatening Gallagher and his wife and daughter. According to Deadline, the film will be turned into a one hour television series with Mad Men executive producers Maria and Andre Jacquemetton writing the script and Stanley R. Jaffe and Anonymous Content’s Rosalie Swedlin producing.
Upon its release, the movie stirred up plenty of drama off screen—and spawned the term “bunny boiler”—as audiences analyzed the leading characters. Click through the slideshow above to see who we think should play these iconic characters on the small screen.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old