Japanese model Yuka Mannami would like to be her own boss. A relative newcomer, the 25-year-old was first spotted by scouts via her Instagram account and made her runway debut at Fendi’s Tokyo haute couture show in August of 2015. Since then, she’s graced the pages of Interview and Vogue Japan, and been the subject of many a hair-trend piece. Expect much more to come.
THE PERSON I ADMIRE THE MOST:
SOME THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME:
Anime and manga.
MY GREATEST ADVENTURE:
EVENTS I WISH I’D WITNESSED:
I’d like to go see the aurora.
THINGS I’D LIKE TO IMPROVE ABOUT MYSELF:
GAMES I PLAY:
MY GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT:
My Shiseido advertisement.
THINGS I’LL BE REMEMBERED BY:
Bangs and long black hair.
SOME THINGS I’D RATHER FORGET:
I’ve already forgotten.
MY IDEA OF HAPPINESS:
ONE LAST FAVOR I’D LIKE TO ASK:
I’d like to go to the Galapagos Islands.
For more from our “Beyond Here Lies Nothing” series, click here.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art