It’s New York Fashion Week and seasoned Interview photographers Shawn Brackbill, Christopher Gabello, Kate Owen, and Frank Sun are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Shawn, Chris, Kate, and Frank on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates.
At Vera Wang, models had their eyes outlined in a sinster, soft purple eyeshadow. For the first part of the show, the clothes were pretty serious too—a series of all-black suit trousers, blazers, sleeveless tops, and minidresses all cinched at the waist with a black belt and embellished with ruffles, calling to mind a girlish Wednesday Adams or Helena Bonham Carter/Tim Burton character. Halfway through the show, however, the palette shifted, and out came the brocade and jeweled dresses and floating florals. The two tracts come together towards the end, with a floor-length, airy black dress closing the show.
For more from New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Thirstory: Getting Down and Dirty with Zac Efron