The Face: Don’t Get Confused, It’s Fall
Published September 14, 2009
Don’t let today or yesterday, or the season’s shows, trick you. Fall is here, and don’t let it leave your face behind! We asked Jenn Karsten, senior MAC makeup artist, for the top give fall trends and must-have products:
1. Smokey eye: smudgy eye kohl pencil. Try MAC in smolder.
2. A nice flat brush (like 242) to get the fall trend, square shape. The color is rocker black, a la Taylor Momsen. Pull it from outside-in for the perfect shaped lid.
3. Bright lip: fuschia, aresting red or alarming orange. A little material girl but more modern to go with the 80’s fashions.
4. Sculpt and contour cheeks and eyes from the Dynasty era If you only choose one product, get MAC’s blunt blush; perfect toasty brown warms to plum undertone (as seen at Chloe and Badgley Mischka, Fall/Winter 2009).
5. No brows, or nude brow: You won’t want to go gothic but lighten up, use a lash gel that’s tinted in a lighter shade than your natural color. (for brunettes, try a blonde shade). Jenn’s Choice: MAC brow mascara called bare lash, flesh tone (as seen at Rodarte, Fall/Winter 2009, left) .
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.