Published April 12, 2010
The weather is warming up, and so is our makeup routine. We asked makeup artist, Kerry Malouf, co-creator of Jouer Cosmetics, for an inspiration photo (above), along with her top summer beauty tips. “Spring and summer are all about hydrated skin and color, color, color!” says Kerry, whose clients include Ginnifer Goodwin, Audrey Tatou, Emmy Rossum, and Kiera Knightly.
1. Summer is time for fun in the sun. We all need accessories that look good and also protect our skin. Besides the obvious, which is to wear a light weight sunscreen, a cute straw hat and stylish sun glasses are must haves! Makeup is like an accessory. Color on your lips, cheeks, and eyes changes your whole look.
2. Tinted moisturizers are the best way to not only protect your skin from the sun, but to even out your skin.
3. Bronzer in the summertime is essential! You can sweep bronzer across your eyelids as well as your cheeks to create a classic summer look.
4. All over color is a simple way to add a pop to your lips, cheeks, and eyes. I love the neon peach color used on the model in this picture. A little goes a long way.
5. Moisturizing, shimmering body lotion wears all day and is a great way to give your skin an over all glow.
6. A soft smoky eye is an easy transition from day to night. Frame your eyes by smudging a dark blue cream eye shadow on your eyelids.
7. Brown waterproof mascara is the only way to go in the summer.
8. Exfoliate your skin to keep it clean and smooth.
9. Use a hydrating mask weekly . It makes a huge difference in the way your skin looks and feels.
10. Keep yourself hydrated from the inside out. Your skin is extra thirsty in the summer! Spritz your face with rose or lavender water throughout the day.