Three Points from Prada
Published June 21, 2010
Miuccia Prada’s Spring 2011 collection lent a clinical eye to some of the most playful aspects of modern menswear. The uniform of choice was fashion-forward scrubs or oversized cinched shorts and, at one point, a sporty denim kilt. But don’t assume that you’re supposed to relax your legs: the cuts are crisp–even severe–and the materials, as ever, are very tech. Traditional wingtip shoes came with an extra lift in the form of an espadrille layer finished with a thick rubber sole. Finally, washed denim tunics and fitted boatneck sweaters captured the essence of Prada: a retro look reinterpreted for the unapologetically modern man who needs his knits tight and the colors ever-so-bright.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everyone Is in for a Mind-Blowing Time”: A Not-So-Serious Guide to Surviving Mercury in Retrograde
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Brandon Thomas and Dylan Jagger Lee Talk Sex, Drugs, and Julian Assange
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”