Three Points from Prada
Published June 21, 2010
Miuccia Prada’s Spring 2011 collection lent a clinical eye to some of the most playful aspects of modern menswear. The uniform of choice was fashion-forward scrubs or oversized cinched shorts and, at one point, a sporty denim kilt. But don’t assume that you’re supposed to relax your legs: the cuts are crisp–even severe–and the materials, as ever, are very tech. Traditional wingtip shoes came with an extra lift in the form of an espadrille layer finished with a thick rubber sole. Finally, washed denim tunics and fitted boatneck sweaters captured the essence of Prada: a retro look reinterpreted for the unapologetically modern man who needs his knits tight and the colors ever-so-bright.
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet