Alexis Bittar began working with Lucite in his jewelry designs 25 years ago, and the mutable acrylic has become a staple in his bold, colorful baubles. Alongside Bittar’s fall 2015 presentation, which debuted last month in New York, the brand feted its anniversary with Lucite, commissioning original works from contemporary artists Mickalene Thomas, Natasha Law, Cordy Ryman, and Juliette Losq. The pieces will be auctioned online via Artspace, with all proceeds benefitting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Miles Aldridge Shares the Memories Behind Some of His Iconic Photos