ABOVE: ANNA EWERS. STYLING: KARL TEMPLER. ALL CLOTHING: ALEXANDER WANG SPRING/SUMMER 2014.
HOMETOWN: Freiburg, Germany
RUNWAY DEBUT: Balenciaga Fall/Winter 2013
SHOWS WALKED THIS SEASON: 37
In a fashion heartbeat, Anna Ewers stepped into the limelight, opening Alexander Wang’s Spring ’14 show. She can evoke the sensual beauty of that other golden, glossy modeling legend, Claudia Schiffer, but her look is entirely her own. Casting success on the runways of New York, Milan, and Paris—not to mention a Prada cruise campaign—has solidified Ewers’s place in the industry. But this is just the beginning.
HAIR: GUIDO FOR REDKEN. MAKEUP: DIANE KENDAL. MODEL: ANNA EWERS/WOMEN.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation