Olivia Palermo Takes the High Road
Published March 26, 2010
While it is not uncommon for television personalities to spin their fame into design collection, it usually goes the route of the mass market or TV, not the Upper East Side. But Olivia Palermo, employeed by Elle on “The City,” has combined her love of accessories (which, to fairly note, is one thing not scripted) to come out with a collection for Roberta Freymann. Palermo received a Roberta Freymann necklace from her mother when she was 15, and has been a fan ever since. The accessory collection is a set of beaded bib necklaces inspired by both ladies love of international travel. “I didn’t want to just write regular names on them, there’s certain areas of different cities and I wanted to name them after that,” Palermo said of the titles. “One is Mitte, in Berlin; there’s a TriBeCa one for New York. There’s a Chelsea one for London. I thought it was kind of nice that way because it was a little different.” With Palermo’s interest in neighborhoods around the world, we have to wonder, will we see franchises of The City series sprout up across the globe?
ROBERTA FREYMANN BY OLIVIA PALERMO IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT ROBERTA FREYMANN STORES AND ONLINE.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Chelsea Handler and Martha Stewart on the Hilarious Journey of Becoming a Better Person