ABOVE: GINGER BROOKS TAKAHASHI. PHOTO COURTESY OF OTHERWILD AND A.L. STEINER.
On this Election Day, with the first female presidential nominee of a major party on the ballot, toppling the patriarchy is on our minds. Beyond saying we’re with her, we want to be wearing this long sleeve Otherwild t-shirt tomorrow for what is hopefully a celebratory day in the U.S.A.—with a supporter of equality as our president-elect.
The t-shirt’s graphic and sentiment were born in Brooklyn in the early ’00s through dialogs about systemic oppression between Dean Daderko, A. L. Steiner, and Ginger Brooks Takahashi. Twenty-five percent of proceeds from its sale support Enlace, an international alliance that backs hundreds of organizations and causes, including advocating for worker’s rights and combatting the privatization of prisons. Priced at $40 and available through Otherwild’s online store and at their Los Angeles location—though you’ll soon spot them in New York when the retail space/community center opens their permanent storefront downtown.
Most Wanted runs on Tuesdays. For more, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress