Balenciaga chunky biker boots are a wardrobe staple. We pair them with flirty floral dresses and opaque tights in the fall, cut-offs in the summer, and slim-leg trousers tucked in at the office. One of our favorite incarnations was Spring 2011’s calfskin apron ankle boot, and we’re delighted that Nicolas Ghesquière is bringing them back this autumn. We love the balance between the chunky gold buckle—a little bit punk—and the delicate cut-outs around the ankle, which remind us of Claudette Colbert in It Happened One Night. We’ll take a little ankle exposure for subtle-sexy over toe-cleavage stilettoes any day. Priced at $1,275 and available to pre-order from Barneys.
This Most Wanted item was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more Most Wanted, click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nikita Dragun Does Her Own Slaying
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress