Published December 9, 2008
It was a model crowd when agent-turned-photographer Paul Rowland opened his first solo show, “Transformations,” last week. Rowland has spent his career defining beauty, first founding mega-agency Women and then sister agency Supreme.
Rowland took “his girls”—Carmen Kass, Isabeli Fontana, Julia Stegner, Iselin Steiro, Natasha Poly, Kate Moss, Kylie Bax and Shana Zadrick—off of the glossy page and into the white cube, showcasing a collection of photographs at the Moore Building during Design Miami. Curated and produced by Jordan Seiler and presented by Max Pierre and Michael Cabrera of Eastern District, most of the images come from Rowland’s biannual model catalogues, which are published as a book, or as a collection of black and white prints. A Miami Beach opening—now that’s something to manage!
Photography by Paul Rowland
Slideshow with photography by Kathy Lo
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season