Published December 9, 2008
It was a model crowd when agent-turned-photographer Paul Rowland opened his first solo show, “Transformations,” last week. Rowland has spent his career defining beauty, first founding mega-agency Women and then sister agency Supreme.
Rowland took “his girls”—Carmen Kass, Isabeli Fontana, Julia Stegner, Iselin Steiro, Natasha Poly, Kate Moss, Kylie Bax and Shana Zadrick—off of the glossy page and into the white cube, showcasing a collection of photographs at the Moore Building during Design Miami. Curated and produced by Jordan Seiler and presented by Max Pierre and Michael Cabrera of Eastern District, most of the images come from Rowland’s biannual model catalogues, which are published as a book, or as a collection of black and white prints. A Miami Beach opening—now that’s something to manage!
Photography by Paul Rowland
Slideshow with photography by Kathy Lo
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward