Miu Miu — Worn by independent spirits like Chloë Sevigny, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Katie Holmes, Miu Miu’s mix of idiosyncratic charm and girlish sophistication—a vision crystallized in this season’s collection—has attracted a legion of young women who are not only followers, but die-hard fans. “This season is about freshness, about how innocence can survive in this world,” explains designer Miuccia Prada, “and working out what it means to be a woman in this age of contrasts.”
Photo: All clothing and accessories: Miu Miu, Spring/Summer 2010. Face embroideries: Peter Philips; beads provided by Lesage, Paris. Cosmetics: Chanel, including Rouge Coco NO. 11, ‘Legende’. Hair: Rudi Lewis for Cutler salon/Redken/Management Artists. Colorist: Laurie Foley. Makeup: Peter Philips for Chanel/Art + Commerce. Manicure: Bernadette Thompson/www.themagnetagency.com. Models: Ann Kenny and Tura Kenny/DNA. Casting: Michelle Lee/KCD, Inc. Stylist Assistant: Alex Boudreau.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington