This will be belated to those editors in Milan, but to everyone else: Happy Men’s Fashion Week! To celebrate the inauguration of the fall 2012 season on the Milan catwalks, we have chosen this Marni “M” sweater as our favorite catwalk item thus far. With its playful, batman coloring and simple cut it provides a perfect introduction to Marni’s sometimes esoteric quirkiness. Indeed, Marni and menswear have a rather polemic history; the brand’s first men’s collection in 2007 was infamous for its male leggings—a trend it continues in this collection with a wintry striped pair. Leggings aside, Marni’s most recent collection is very accessible: think basic coats, plaid jackets, and round-neck sweaters, with the occasional dash of bright piping or mismatched pocket to spice things up.
This item was selected by Interview fashion director Miguel Enamorado
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse