Marchesa has cultivated a name that is synonymous with grace and elegance, and this was on full display at the labels’ Spring/Summer ’16 presentation. Balletic forms, cascading ruffles, and layers upon layers of tulle and silk adorned the gowns in muted blacks, charcoals, and the occasional flash of fuchsia. The emphasis was on the classically feminine, with a fairytale edge— a Secret Garden blooming up from a hemline, or a Swan Lake blossoming across a bodice.
For more from New York Fashion Week, click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old