The varsity jacket, that quintessentially American staple, was elevated to silken heights last Thursday at Louis Vuitton’s Spring/Summer menswear show. Under the direction of Menswear Artistic Director Kim Jones, American classics were decorated with floral and avian motifs from across the North Pacific, while white-stitched denim-on-denim sets were paired with hand-painted blue camouflage jackets. Sleek black and blue silk scarves, emblazoned with “Louis Vuitton” and the LV monogram and worn tightly wound around the neck, playfully evoked the label’s heritage.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy