Alber Elbaz is no stranger to thinking outside the box. Last year, Lanvin’s Fall 2011 campaign video featured models letting loose to Pitbull’s song “I Know You Want Me.” On paper, the juxtaposition might seem odd, but Elbaz, ever the visionary, made it work. The groundbreaking Fall 2012 campaign video is just as off-kilter, featuring real, everyday men and women, ranging in age from 18 to 82.
The video reveals the quirks and subtle nuances of each model. One man in a fur-trimmed hunter green coat expounds on how losing your phone can make you sick; another elderly man tells us how he wants to be like James Bond. Each model’s personality gives the clothes an added layer of character, proving that high fashion can be not only relatable, but also versatile. Their musings, paired with the stop-motion shots of them modeling, make their poses and, by extension, the clothes, seem more natural. These clothes belong with them. Our favorite moment is when a former Apollo Theater dancer reveals how she always wanted to go to Paris when she was younger. Elbaz responds, “Paris is coming to you!” With this campaign, it looks like Elbaz is bringing Paris to all.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories