PHOTO: HAIR PRODUCTS: REDKEN. INCLUDING FORCEFUL 23 SUPER STRENGTH FINISHING SPRAY, SHINE FLASH 02,AND AERATE 08. COSMETICS: CHANEL, INCLUDING ALLURE HOMME SPORT EAU EXTRÊME. HAIR: GUIDO. HAIR COLORIST: VICTORIA HUNTER/WHITTEMORE HOUSE. MAKEUP: BENJAMIN PUCKEY FOR CHANEL BEAUTÉ/D+V. MODELS: CONOR MCLAIN/SOUL AND JUDSON HARMON/KCD, INC. DIGITAL TECH: QUINTON JONES. LIGHTING DIRECTOR: ROB KASSABIAN. PHOTOGRAPHER ASSISTANTS: IRA PFEFFER AND JOEY POPOVICH. STYLIST ASSISTANT: JOSHUA COURTNEY. HAIR ASSISTANTS: SANDY HULLETT AND BENJAMIN MULLER. RETOUCHING: GLOSS STUDIO NEW YORK. SPECIAL THANKS: INDUSTRIA SUPERSTUDIO.
“When I was growing up, colored hair was shocking, and being gay was kind of hidden. Now, all those things are more normal. When I see young kids, they’re just very free with their expression about who they are and what they look like. It’s such a large part of growing up: experimenting that way, that ‘look at me’ thing. There’s a peacockness about it. I wanted to put that in a picture in a bold way—two boys kissing, two colors of hair. It’s a real moment.” —Guido Palau
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun