Fashion month continues with London Fashion Week, and Interview photographers Louise Damgaard, Vita Hewison, and Alice Lubbock are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Louise, Vita, and Alice on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, for the latest updates.
For Giles Deacon, fun and glamour are not mutually exclusive. Deacon’s girls paraded down the runway in woolly hats (knitted backstage) and silk dresses decorated with orange and cobalt hummingbirds, while the silhouettes shifted from voluminous cool girl, to fitted chic. A bright orange dresses was embellished with an asymmetrical front ruffle and paired with elbow-length leather gloves and slightly platformed black and white brogues. Black sleeveless silk cocktail dresses and gowns were playfully embellished with beetle-shaped white cutouts, creeping up the front of the dress and ending in a ruffled collar. The closing number—a white gown with a high, black collar, and black sash falling down the side of the dress, paired with studded over-the-elbow gloves—was very much punk-girl goes to prom: a little bit Barbie and a little bit Beetlejuice.
For more of our coverage from London Fashion Week, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Thirstory: Getting Down and Dirty with Zac Efron