It’s not quite right to call these loose, tattered knits “details”: in look 33 from the Phillip Lim 3.1 pre-fall collection, details do not simply add character here, or dimension there—they are the pieces. This ensemble seems to be constructed of full zooms. But one need not zoom out: the sweater really is this big and luxurious, and the tattered, deconstructed knit is just that outsized. Sheer slim-fit trousers are both daring and elegant, an alluring addition to anyone’s wardrobe. A simple black mini and gold heels complete the look. Some old-school details do prevail: a slight downturned lip at the sweater collar slims and frames the neck, and the rough knit conforms to a traditional diamond pattern.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse