PHOTO COURTESY OF ANTHONY WADE
Earlier this week as part of the Bermuda Fashion Festival, Madeline White debuted the Spring/Summer 2016 collection of her swimwear label Novah. One look that caught our eye was the above streamlined black bikini. Sleek, chic, and functional, it’s the sort of suit you can throw in your weekender for a last minute trip and know you’ll be appropriately dressed for any activity, be it tanning, swimming, surfing, or diving.
Spring/Summer 2016 is only Novah’s second season. A native of Bermuda, and currently based between London and Hamilton, White founded Novah in October of 2014. For her runway show last Wednesday, White was mentored by Interview‘s own senior fashion editor Julia Gall. If she wins the festival (she’s up against five other local fashion designers mentored by the likes of Complex’s Matthew Henson and Elle.com’s Danielle Prescod), White will receive a paid internship at Rachel Roy in New York.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy