Rev up the DeLorean: Karl Lagerfeld’s new line for Net-a-Porter (“Karl”) has not yet launched, and it’s already taking you back to the future—and the future looks like someone we know. Mr. Lagerfeld presents a sort of deconstructed mini-me look in this sneak peek from the label, a dystopian femme built in his own image. Strip the accessories for a different story. The foundational look, which pairs a boxy sweater with shrugging high-gloss sleeves and a matte bodice with a pleated faux-leather skirt, is strong, yet precocious: a smart mix of brass and beauty grounded firmly in the present.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True