Winter feels like it’s only just set in, and yet we’re already looking ahead to Mother of Pearl’s pre-fall 2016 collection. The very first look, above, caught our eye: Its dainty marigolds form a bold contrast against a dark backdrop (the flowers, and the color, recur in looks throughout the collection). The jumpsuit’s black-and-white stippled cuffs, widening into ’70s-inspired bells at the wrists and ankles, and matching snow-white trainers give the whole ensemble a distinct sportswear vibe. But it’s sportswear by way of the boudoir: delicate and silken, and equally at home at the disco or on movie night.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington