Julie de Libran had history on her mind for Louis Vuitton’s latest Resort collection. The former French colony of Indochine inspired the cross-hatched visors, drop-waist dresses and loose skirts epitomized in the above Look 22. Unfazed by the heat of Southeast Asia, Libran layers a thigh-grazing, collared coat with a knee-length dress. We love the high-heeled, laced, peep-toe boots that are modest compared to the chunky platforms in the remaining looks of the collection. Clearly, there is no need to bear all in the tropical sun; as Libran reveals, the key to a resort collection is relaxed, free-flowing fabrics that still allow for a feminine form.
This First Dibs look was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories