Good news, girls! Jason Wu is launching his first fragrance this spring, Orchid Rain, as a scented candle. Mr. Wu has teamed up with fragrance veterans Christophe Laudamiel and Laura Slatkin (of NEST Fragrances) to create the candle, which features, you guessed it, white orchids and a hint of Asian pear, pomegranate, goji berry, pink pepper and coconut. The inspiration behind Wu’s fragrance? His designs, of course—orchid petal prints dominate Wu’s S/S 2012. Indeed, as Wu sums up: “florals play an important role in my designs, so for my first fragrance, I wanted to create a floral scent.” The candle comes encased in a custom porcelain holder, which also features Wu’s orchid print, and will be available at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and select boutiques this April for $48.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview fashion assistant Stephanie Strauss.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old