Boxy, bell-shaped, and frilled, the above look from Ellery’s Spring/Summer ’16 collection strikes a bold silhouette. It’s the way that different pieces work in harmony that sets this look apart; though the pieces that compose the look (a cropped white top,a leather jacket with narrow cuffed wrists, bell-shaped silk pants) should not work, the mixed-media monochrome makes an impression. Chunky-soled sandals ground an outfit that’s filled with lightness—the jacket and pants seem to slightly lift away from the model’s body. In theory, so many bulky pieces should overwhelm her slight frame; in reality, she looks ready for lift-off.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again