Just as striking as the pairing of decadent midnight blue and waxed black, is how elegantly the colors are brought together in this industrial (and dapper) Dries Van Noten jacket. Featuring a single, sleek pocket with matching snaps, the upper half may seem minimalist, but quiet touches like slightly exaggerated sleeve widths, thick drawstrings, and a rich blue strip winking from beneath the center panel dramatize its effect. Below the rouched drawstring waist, innuendo again gives way to intensity. The striking blue flare features capacious pockets, and black trim and snaps. Also worthy of note are contrasting sheen finishes, here handled deftly.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True