There are few things we like more than fine women’s tailoring, streamlined geometric prints, and textured coats. In this look from his pre-fall 2015 collection, Derek Lam captures all three elements and brings them together seamlessly. Through the play of contrasting colors, the ivory pants pair with the navy top, and topping off the outfit is an ideal midnight-hued velvet coat. The white and black color blocking contrast of the shoes would be great on its own, but with this outfit we’d prefer understated black heels, like in this Rochas pre-fall look.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old