Men don’t have a lot of in the way of fragrance options. Musky, woody, or spicy: take your pick, they’re all the same. Even with the occasional aquatic offering, the people who perfume us don’t seem to have caught up with the people who dress us: we can buy front-slit short shorts at Raf Simons and Pepto-pink housecoats at J.W. Anderson, but we still have to smell like we walked off of a 1970s Fabio cover? Not fair.
Hence our excitement for Cartier‘s Déclaration D’Un Soir, an update on their original Déclaration scent. It packs the manly basics—pepper and sandalwood—but it breaks the bodybuilder mold with a hint of rose. Who ever said men can’t wear florals? Masculine enough to help us pull off those Raf Simons shorts, but not so masculine that we reek of overcompensation—that’s liquid courage. We call first dibs!
Déclaration D’Un Soir will be available in August exlusively from Bloomingdales and Bloomingdales.com.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy