Fashion Week Questionnaire: Robert Geller
Published February 13, 2009
For New York Fashion Week, Interview asked our favorite designers to respond to a questionnaire. Yesterday, GQ announced that Robert Geller won the CFDA Award for new menswear designer; it’s been a big couple of days, as his presentation is proceeding right now. Before the photos of the show go up anywhere, we have Gellers’ pre-show anxieties.
1. Inspiration this season: Imperial Vienna at the turn of the century. A fascinating place at a very interesting time. It embodies the characteristics of strength, Romance and Elegance which fascinate me right now.
2. One person you know will be front-row: My wife, Ana
3. How has NY changed since last Fashion Week? I thought that the fashion Calendar would be much more empty, but it doesn’t really look that way. I guess there will be more presentations than shows.
4. What’s your Fashion Week uniform? I don’t know yet. Whatever I feel the best in that week. I will probably be wearing bags under my eyes.
5. Your worst habit during Fashion Week? I need to learn how to relax a bit after the show. I always go straight into sales and designing the next collection, but I need to learn to let go a little bit.
6. One show you are excited to see? The Marc Jacobs show still excites me. I still know a lot of people there from the time that I used to work there, and they still manage to surprise me.
7. What are you most excited for in preparation for your show? I am most excited for the feeling that comes once the show has just ended. It is an extreme adrenaline rush and all of the weight falls off of your shoulders.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward